Feedback- A time-saving hack to try for yourself

I don't know if you can empathise with the feeling of "new year, new me", but with the timetable flip I tend to treat mid-June a little like September. If this is also you then here is something that could be worth a try to embed into your feedback loop.

With the whole class feedback firmly embedded into my practice I stumbled across some further inspiration on saving time that truly worked for me. If you haven't given whole class feedback a go yet this blog may be of use https://croftontandl.blogspot.com/2018/01/whole-class-feedback.html

I sat down with a set of Year 10 exam questions to mark and considered how I could quicken the process of getting my feedback typed into the boxes and ready for the next lesson. The simple tool I used is one that most of use carry around on a daily basis, my phone. Using the dictation tool (which up until this point had been redundant to me), I was able to speak my 'celebration' and 'target' comments. I saved these into notes. Once this was done all I needed to do was to send the file to myself via email. From my email, I pasted the comments into the framework for WCF and in a much reduced time I had the set marked.

This might not work for everyone, and if you can touch type, perhaps you can type at the rate you think. This is not the case for me so by using the dictation tool I saved valuable minutes. If you would like more detail on how to do this, pop and see me.

Author LWR


Comments