Week 1 when the adult changes, everything changes!



We started the week with a motivational meeting and I am sure many of us went away feeling enthused and fired up ready to make some changes. What I liked most about the meeting was the fact that all of the ideas that were mentioned could have been put in place by teachers the very next day! That is my kind of meeting, where you feel you can impact students directly straight after the meeting. So my #pivotal30daypledge was a “Ring for recognition”. I didn’t manage to ring home every day but I did manage an email home for 3 students who had worked above and beyond in a lesson. The types of students who ordinarily I would have praised in lessons but wouldn’t have necessarily gone any further than that.
I have always been an advocate of letting students know what I am working on as a teacher as a way of letting them know it is not just them that are constantly learning! Students have been inquisitive about my pledge and asking me how to get a phone call home…it has shocked me the power of a phone call or an email!
The handshakes at the start of the lesson started today too and so far so good although I will be interested to see how that goes throughout next week!

EFT

Comments